The customer was having problems with their sandstone patio. An investigation revealed a collapse in the sub base. The ground was not compacted and the the ‘5 dab’ technique reared its head. There was no run on the patio, resulting in the rainwater following into the middle of the surface. The task was to lift, clean and reuse the existing stone. Remove the earth , lay and compact type 1 and then lay the sandstone on a bed of mortar.
This job is a complete overhaul of the existing mono block patio. Betterment on the steps. Remove old tree stumps and use the space for additional parking. It is estimated that the block paving is over 20 years old. It has suffered in recent years from water getting under the block and poor overall drainage in the driveway. Task was to lift and relay the existing block , reinstate a suitable run and put in channel drains where appropriate.
The plants are now approved and arriving. The poly tunnel is holding back the alpines where necessary and the remaining plants are arriving next week.
Its been a while since I uploaded any up image or update. Since the middle of May I’ve been full on with the garden competition. 31st May, the Steel panel arrived safely at college for the blacksmiths to put on a frame. Rather than a rusted effect I decided to keep it with the steel look. The result has been effective and striking. Thanks to Juliet Grant for her support and the rest of her team for getting this delivered at the 11th hour!!!.
The team including Bernice Keagan, Matt Jessop , Grant, Gregor, Colin and Raymond and students, Conor, Stuart and Alex came together to assemble to all the elements of the garden.
So on the 2nd June. I set up early to get the water feature on and the water topped up. Final dead heading and a final water. At 1pm the judges made their decision and gave us the highly commended prize. Woohoo.
The hard landscaping is now in progress and work continues with creating the path, bridge, alpine boxes and water feature. Thanks to one of our sponsors CED Stone for providing the stone for the path and gravel for the alpine planting @CEDStoneGroup.
This garden was started in the depths of winter and recently finished end of April. It consisted on cutting back the previous years of growth. Remove a few years of weeds, prune back the shrubs, edge the grass and make the garden low maintenance. The grass was adjusted and realigned to remove the acute curves. It goes to show what a couple of hours a week for four months can achieve. Enjoyed the journey with the client and they were happy with the result